Monday, November 10, 2008

A sad day

Friends I am sad to say that Stickman Coffee has closed it's doors. The simple reason is not enough coming in and to much going out. The reasons for this are many and varied. Much of this was my own mismanagement some to location some do to the economy and some I may never know. I have enjoyed my time at Stickman and will miss it a lot. I thank everyone who supported us and enjoyed our coffee and told their friends about us. I will regroup and eventually try again. Roasting and serving great coffee in a great environment is what I like to do. I learned a lot during this time and can hopefully do better next time. I will keep you posted on what I am doing in the near future.

Thanks

Dismas

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very bummed and sad to hear! Stay strong, Dismas, and be back soon!

Nick Carter said...

My coworker's IM status message today: "Working from post-Stickman Fremont". I'm sorry I couldn't have been more than an occasional customer; I really enjoyed your cafe.

Anonymous said...

So sad, I stopped by on Sunday and was dismayed to see that my favorite coffee shop had vanished. I quickly checked the blog to see if you had moved...alas, no!

I was depressed for the rest of the day. I will keep checking the blog, I hope you eventually open up a new shop. Best coffee I have ever had Dismas, no lie.

Matt said...

I dropped by today since I was working from home, and I was upset to say the least. Is there any way to still purchase beans? I really am a big fan of your roasting skills.

Joe Brown said...

Stickman, Dismas, and the team will be missed. You enthusiastically served great coffee and did it in a cafe that embodied Seattle and its coffee culture.

Michael W. said...

Hey man, I was that guy from Seattle Pacific, with the glasses that came in and ordered a doppio. I just found out that you closed the store. Super bummed. Your coffee was what got me drinking espresso, before Stickman, I mostly drank capps and lattes. I hope Barogrove (or however you spell it) is sticking around. One of the batches of Kenya that I bought from you was hands down the best coffee I have ever had. I am living in Minneapolis now, and the coffee sucks here. I seriously daydream about Stickman all the time.

Sorry man, but thanks for opening my world to effing amazing espresso.